Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Christmas Collection of Inspiration (and Laughs)

Hello Optimists,


For all of those that are celebrating the holiday today, I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas! 
I thought for today's post I would share with you some clips of my favorite Christmas movies to get you into that jolly spirit. Some are the classic films that inspire and warm the heart, while others are a little more light-hearted and funny....but all of them help to ring in the Christmas spirit. 


So before you get swept away with all of the celebrations, take a minute or two to relax and enjoy some of the clips below. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!


What's your favorite clip??

The real meaning of Christmas, told my my favorite Peanuts character, Linus.


A great story and a true reminder of just how lucky we are to be alive...it really is a wonderful life! (I especially love the last minute or so of this clip)


While there are SO many memorable lines from this movie, this one is probably the most famous...


Here's a funny clip from the "modern classic" for all of you "Cotton-headed ninny muggins"  :)


The Polar Express would even make Scrooge believe...


And finally, I wanted to end this post with my favorite Christmas movie quote of all time from Dr. Seuss's How The Grinch Stole Christmas:

"And the Grinch with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without bags. It came without packages, boxes, or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'til his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?"

Keep Smiling,

3 comments:

  1. I have all those movies - yes - even Charlie Brown :) except for the Polar Express... that is one that I have yet to see...

    Yesterday I did a post regarding "It's a Wonderful Life"... my husband and I watched it when we got home late last night... and I was so touched (by a movie I've seen hundreds of times)... I guess it had extra special meaning to me this year! :)

    Clarence's note to George Bailey really hit home to me... and it's in line with you theme on quotes...

    "Remember, no man is a failure who has friends."


    Merry Christmas!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Christine: You need to see Polar Express! It's so wonderful!!
    I too love the note Clarence writes to George at the end...it's one of my favorite parts of the whole movie!

    Hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post for Christmas! Thanks for sharing, and I hope you're having a wonderful holiday season :-).

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!