Monday, December 20, 2010

Live Life Fully

Image: Google

Hello Optimists,

Hope you had a great weekend! I basically spent my entire weekend preparing for Christmas, with all of yesterday's activities revolving mostly around a cookie baking extravaganza. After a marathon of prep work, dough assembly, and popping tray after tray of warm cookies out of the oven, my baking buddy and I ended up with twelve different kinds of the little treats! After they had cooled and were stashed neatly away in cookie tins, I was Exhausted. And yes, that's Exhausted...with a capital E. 


But, I was feeling good after it was all done because I had a lot of fun doing it, I got to make some (more) good memories in the kitchen with the best cook I know, my entire house smells like a big delicious cookie, and I have a dozen different kinds of treats to indulge in for the next week. Not too bad, if I may say so myself!

Anyway, it's time to put down the spatula and get the flour off of my clothes because it's time to feature another quote from last week's "sign of advice" challenge! Today's featured quote comes from Melissa at Sugar Filled Emotions who so graciously shared with us her personal motto (and a great piece of advice!)....
Live life fully, and experience everything. Take care of yourself. Have fun, be crazy and be weird. 
These are some really great things to keep in mind and a very comprehensive and concise collection of ideas that will surely keep us in a positive state of mind. Life life fully, and experience everything reminds us that we should not only be physically present in life, but also emotionally and psychologically present as well. There is a big difference between being somewhere or seeing something and experiencing a place or taking part in something. We need to be sure that we're making an effort to be present in our own lives.


Take care of yourself is a very important piece of this quote because it seems to be one of those simple things in life that we often overlook. We live in a crazy and stressful world where we try to do five million things at once, often neglecting the most important things in life, like our health or well-being. Take the time to relax and have a conversation with yourself about how you can make a better you.

Have fun, be crazy and be weird is not only advice reserved for kids - no matter what age we are, it's so important to make sure that the things we do each and every day bring joy to our lives. We have to be "crazy" and "weird" because that's how we know we're really being our true self. Don't be afraid to step outside of the "lines" others have set - have some fun and make life the best it can be for you.


Thanks, Melissa, for sharing such a great piece of advice! I think a lot of us will be sharing that personal motto of yours in our own lives...

Check back soon to see the next reader-submitted "sign of advice"!

Keep Smiling,

6 comments:

  1. You are welcome! I am glad you got so much out of it. I have my motto saved on "post it" notes on my computer and phone. Sometimes when I am struggling to be positive, I need those reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely thoughts.

    I forget to be entirely present in any given situation - my mind often wanders.

    But that's not living life to the fullest, is it now?

    Merry Christmas!

    - Lauren

    Ladaisi Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great motto and reminder!

    And I'm glad you had fun baking cookies. I love how the aroma of baking fills a house :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great motto!

    Too many of us take our lives for granted and forget to "live life fully."

    Thanks for the positive words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Melissa: Got some great feedback on this post - thanks again for sharing!

    @Lauren: Glad you liked the post! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. Merry Christmas!!!

    @Ashley: Hope you keep this motto in mind - I know I sure will! I totally agree - the aroma of fresh baked cookies is better than any other scent I know! :)

    @LiveLife: Thanks for the comment! Thanks for joining me in spreading positivity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's totally important to live life to the fullest or at the very least, make the most of what you are given so you can become rich in experience and love. Thank you for the kind thoughts and Merry Christmas to you! I'm so glad I found your blog!

    I also believe that weirdness is a blessing in it's own right. Acting away from the norm actually inspires us to be ourselves instead of trying to fit into a mold.


    - Vanessa
    The Project Zen

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!