Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sharing This Gift

Image: Google

Hello Optimists,

In my previous post I shared a story about stumbling on some words of advice on a sign in a storefront window and, being so inspired by it, I created a challenge for all of you to submit your own words of advice to be featured on the blog! So far I have gotten really great responses (thank you to those who have submitted!!) and I'm looking forward to reading and sharing more! Remember, you can submit your words of advice by leaving a comment at the end of the post or on the OO Facebook page.

The first awesome words of advice come from my blogger friend, Ashley, at Food, Fotos, and Fun! and I must admit, I just loved the quote! Turns out, it's a line from one of Ashley's favorite movies, Into the Wild. While I haven't seen the movie or read the book, I have heard really great things about both versions of the story and after reading this quote, it is definitely on my must-watch/read list. Here it is:
Happiness is only real when shared. 
Ashley explained it perfectly when she said that prior to the time this quote made an impact on her life, she thought she could find happiness all by herself. While it is true that happiness should come from within and should start with doing the things that are most important to us in life, Ashley has found that happiness is magnified when it is shared with others. I love that! And I completely agree!

Happiness becomes real not only when we can realize the joy in our own lives, but also when we can share those moments of joy with others around us. I think this is great advice for everyone to put to action and I hope that you'll keep this in mind. Whenever we get the chance to spread happiness, we should always take it - sometimes we need to share our positivity with anyone and everyone who is open to sharing it!

So my mission for the day (and hopefully yours too) is to share my happiness with everyone around me.

Thanks, Ashley, for such a great piece of advice. Check back soon for the next post for another great reader-submitted quote!

Keep Smiling,

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing :-). I'm impressed that you found a picture of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of sharing the happiness. It sure would go a long way to create a positive environment for yourself and others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your attitude and what you try to do here on your blog. I'll give you this one:

    "Make the best of each day and you'll have plenty of good memories."

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vanessa!

    I love this quote (I read the book oh, about 10 years ago at least?)...

    The craziest coincidence occurred and it includes YOU - :) Please read my latest post... "Follow the Signs..." - I hope you don't mind me mentioning your previous post which relates to this one - the post where you came across that wonderful sign in the store window... I linked that particular post in my post and talked about it a bit...

    I can't wait to hear what your thoughts are on it!! Crazy how the world works sometimes!!! :)

    Take care!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and as for inspiring quotes... there are SOOOO many I just love... and since I can't think of anything I'VE said :) I'd like to quote an amazing and inspiring person whom I adore:

    "Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lee: Great quote! Thanks for sharing - I'll be sure to feature it in a future post soon...

    @Christine: Thanks for the quote and for sharing a link to this post! I just stopped by your blog to leave you a message - what a great post and I'm so glad positivity is making its way into your life as well!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!