Friday, December 24, 2010

Words of Advice on Christmas Eve

Image: Google

Hello Optimists,


Happy Christmas Eve! I can't believe it's already here, but judging by the general "hustle" of traffic and crowds, I guess the holiday really is upon us. 


I know you're probably busy preparing dinner, wrapping up some final gifts, or getting Santa's milk and cookies ready for tonight, but I wanted to share with you another reader-submitted "sign of advice" from last week's challenge.


Today's featured quote was posted anonymously by someone who offered some great words of wisdom:
"Live simply. Love deeply. Be true to yourself. Be your own best friend. Carry a light heart through life. And leave the rest to the higher power."
Those are 6 really great things to keep in mind. In fact, I think this would make a great sign to hang on the wall! I couldn't agree more with the words of advice here, and I must say that I try to live my life by many of them. 


While they're all very good words of advice, the ones that really strike a chord with me are Be true to yourself and Be your own best friend. I think it's so important for us all to learn to live the life that is best for us first and foremost, and not worry about living the life that others may have wanted for us. In being true to ourselves, we will learn to be our own best friends. While we may be blessed to have a bunch of best friends whom we can count on for anything, at the end of the day, we need to be able to have that same confidence within ourselves. There are times when we need to be able to turn to only ourselves to solve our problems and we need to be comfortable with the person we are. I believe that having that confidence and true knowledge of self will help us to Live simply, Love deeply, and Carry a light heart through life...


Thanks to the anonymous person who contributed to our "Sign of Advice" challenge - great words of wisdom that we can all benefit from!


Merry Christmas Eve!


Keep Smiling,

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Vanessa!

    - Vanessa
    Project Zen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words to live life by....... Merry Christmas, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more - we all need to be our own best friend... once we do this we realize we are never truly alone!! Wonderful message!

    Merry Christmas Vanessa!! I hope you and your family are having a joyous holiday!

    Christine :)

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!