Monday, January 10, 2011

Be Bold

Image: Google

Hello Optimists,

Happy Monday! Hope you had a great weekend.

I was looking through some quotes yesterday and came across one that really stood out from the rest. I had already read through pages and pages of quotes, but none had really "spoken" to me, so I continued reading on, looking for that special one. Finally, there was one that I read... and then re-read, and read once more because it kept pulling me in...it had some sort of power behind it, and I loved it. I knew immediately that it had to be today's featured quote.

So, let's get right to it.
Whatever you can do, or believe that you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. -Goethe
I'm not sure why this one in particular stood out from the other great quotes I came across, but I believe it sends a message that we can all relate to. I know that a lot of times, I am held back from doing things because I fear the possible failure, I start doubting my abilities, and think my idea is a little too risky to even try out. That's when I know I need to kick my optimism into high gear - and be bold.

A lot of times the biggest hurdle in starting something new is that first little step. Just beginning something is a huge hurdle in itself, but once we can get past that little bump, our journey can really take off. Having this "boldness" can take us to new heights and the genius, power, and magic that comes along with it can only fuel us to do greater things.

I'm going to be trying to begin it, as the quote says, and let the boldness of my ideas guide me. Sometimes we just need a little internal push to get things going, and once we've begun, greater ideas and more inspiration are on their way.

So be smart, have courage, stay positive, and be bold!

Keep Smiling,

3 comments:

  1. @Adriana: Hi! Thanks for stopping by and becoming the newest Optimal Optimist. I look forward to blogging with you and sharing positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very good quote, and I like your interpretation of it. I agree with you, the scariest step is that first one. Venturing into the unknown is very scary. We need to be bold, and trust ourselves. We also need to be Okay with failure. Failing is not wasted effort, it teaches a great deal.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!