Monday, January 24, 2011

Explore, Dream, Discover

Image: Google

Hello Optimists,

Recently I've been thinking about all of the things I'd "like" to be doing and realized that I have not been doing any of them. I don't quite know why this is...I guess things just come up and before I know it, my day is filled with the stuff that keeps me from doing all of those fun things. And sometimes, I think I'm a little too comfortable with the way things are...I've got to learn to step out of that comfort zone and try new things.

So I'm going to try to make a promise to myself to stop making excuses and "filling up" my day with the stuff that won't matter years from now. I don't want to look back and wonder where the last decade has gone!

As I was thinking about all of this, I remembered a great quote that put my feelings to words...
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.Dream. Discover"

-- MARK TWAIN
I'm ready to explore and dream and discover. In fact, when I think about it, I love doing all of those things! But I've also got to be ready to sail away from the safe harbor. I think a lot of us face this challenge. So if you're feeling like I do - like you're ready for something new - make the effort to fit some exciting stuff into your life. 


How do you try to keep things exciting in your life?


Keep Smiling,

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post & I Love that quote too!!! Yes, we all need to step out of our comfort zones, plus do the things we like!

    I used to fuss over my house. Super clean & organized, 5 course meals, etc. etc. Nice.. but not always needed. My sons remember the Pizza and family movie nights growing up, more than they do the fancy dinners. Same with the quick weekend trips somewhere at the last minute... when I let the chores wait and just took off! :-)

    I wish you loads of Fun on your New Adventures!!
    Hugs,
    Coreen

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!