Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy, Despite the Snow

Image: Google

Hello Optimists,

Yet another snowstorm passed over Philadelphia yesterday and over the night leaving us with about a foot of snow. Yuck! The bad weather cut me a break though, giving me a "half day" schedule yesterday and off today, so I had some time to get safely back home and relax (or should I say, continue to work, just in the convenience of being at home). Anyway, I was happy to be around yesterday afternoon because I was able to watch Oprah, and luckily for me, the theme of the show was happiness!

The guest of the show was the adorable Goldie Hawn who is also very much into studying happiness and positivity. Goldie's smile and personality are enough to lift your spirits, but through the hour-long show, Oprah and Goldie talked with the audience about things in life that make us happy, the happiest city in America, the amount of income it takes to be happy, and the happiest jobs. You can get a recap of all of the info here.

I found a great quote that really summed up the whole episode and I thought it would be perfect to feature for today's post.

"Happiness is not a matter of good fortune or worldly possessions. It's a mental attitude. It comes from appreciating what we have, instead of being miserable about what we don't have. It's so simple?yet so hard for the human mind to comprehend."- Bits and Pieces
Now before you go on to check out the link from Oprah's show, here are some pictures I snapped during yesterday's snowstorm! And if you're lucky enough to have escaped this storm, I envy you...enjoy the pictures!!



Keep Smiling,

4 comments:

  1. ENjoyed the pictures as well as your blog. Don't envy you for being in the snow, just for having the time off and glad you made it back safely!!!! May the snow be cold but your heart warm!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow in Los Angeles other than what I can see in the mountains.
    I agree that happiness has a lot to do with accepting what we have and feeling satisfied with it.

    Do you want to participate in the A to Z Blog Challenge in April? You can read about it by clicking the link below.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out and the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous: Thanks for the comment! Keeping a warm heart is always so important, especially when it gets cold outside :)

    @Linda: Agreed! Can't wait for Spring to come!

    @Lee: You're lucky to be having great weather out in LA..our weathermen called the west coast weather "pretty much perfect" last week. must be nice!
    Thanks for the invite to the A to Z blog challenge - I'll check it out and let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!