Friday, January 21, 2011

Tips for a Better and Happier You

Image: Google

Hello Optimists,

Sorry for my absence these last few days....I have been so incredibly busy!

In my few minutes of downtime throughout these past few days, I did have time to flip through a local free newspaper, The Metro. This newspaper is produced in major cities all around the globe, so maybe you've heard of it. I usually just page through, scan the headlines, read my horoscope, and if I'm feeling studious, I'll take a crack at the cross word puzzle. This week, in addition to my usual reading spots, I also stopped at a new segment being featured this week called the "Happy Metro" guide, and I was so excited to see that each day they plan to feature something about happiness!

The most recent article was "10 Tips for a Better and Happier You" and I wanted to share the link with you in case you wanted to check it out. One of the tips that I thought was really interesting was to use Google Translate to learn how to say a useful phrase in a few different languages. I love learning to say new words and phrases in a different tongue, so that is something I will definitely be trying to do over the next few days!

If I had the chance to add one more thing to the list, I would add today's featured quote:
The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.  ~Mark Twain
I like this one because it reminds us to spread happiness wherever we go. Sure, there are some people with whom your happiness will have no affect, but for many, a little spark of happiness in their day is just what they needed. So try it out, and I bet you'll find that it will bring you a bit of happiness too!

Check out the list of tips for a better and happier you and let me know what you think! Do you have any other suggestions or tips to add to the list?

Garder le sourire,





(That's "Keep Smiling" in French...see, I'm already trying to learn new phrases in different languages! And it did make me happer! )

1 comment:

  1. Ciao and best wishes for this year, I am back at last catching up on so much that I missed while I was away from the blogsphere! Thankyou for comments you left on News From Italy while I was absent.
    Some good posts here to keep us optimistic in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!