Wednesday, January 12, 2011

An Unshakeable Belief

Image: Google


Hello Optimists,

Snow is fallllllling here in Philadelphia today, and I am less than thrilled about it. You know how much I love the winter. But, I did get a "snow day" out of the deal, so I guess it isn't so bad after all!

Anyway, in the midst of my I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-myself snow day laziness, I knew I needed a good quote to get me motivated...something to really wake me up and get me to start my day. Or, at least go make a cup of hot chocolate.

I came across today's quote in my collection and it really made an impact. It was about this thing called confidence...this thing that seems to have a habit of sneaking away from time to time. Once again, this quote proved to me the reason why confidence is so important...
Whatever qualities the rich may have, they can be acquired by anyone with the tenacity to become rich. The key, I think, is confidence. Confidence and an unshakable belief it can be done and that you are the one to do it. -Felix Dennis
Now think of "the rich" as not only the people in the top tax bracket, but those that are also rich in life, rich in love, rich in spirit. These are the people that are living their lives to the fullest and have learned to love every minute of it. The qualities that they carry - ambition, appreciation, optimism, confidence - are qualities that we all want. And they're qualities that we can have. According to this quote, the key to being rich (and so many other things in life), is confidence.

The best part of this quote is the the second part, the ultimate duo. Confidence and an unshakeable belief it can be done and that you are the one to do it gives us the perfect equation for living our best life and for reaching the goals that we have set for ourselves. An unshakeable belief....that's pretty serious. But it needs to be. We can't let the belief in ourselves falter. The faith in ourselves and our abilities needs to withstand any challenge or challenger that threatens to knock it down.

So if you want to be "rich" in life, here's the formula for your success. Remember that if you have the drive to become great, it takes confidence and a true knowledge of self that cannot be shaken to get there.

Keep Smiling,

3 comments:

  1. Great Bog today ... I really needed to be reminded of this esp today...... how ironic......Thank You, Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it's important to look up to those people rich in life, rich in love and rich in spirit for inspiration that can guide us to happiness in our own lives.

    Confidence too is also priceless. Brilliant entry, Vanessa!

    - Vanessa
    Project Zen

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous: Thanks for the comment! Glad you enjoyed the post.

    @Vanessa: Good to hear from you :) Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you liked today's topic!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!