Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Speak It, Live It

Image: Google

Hello Optimists,

Sunday night I flipped on the TV to watch the SAG awards and after about an hour or so, I got a little bored. After mentally scrolling through the TV guide in my memory, I conveniently remembered that there was supposed to be a special show on TLC about the Kennedy family...so of course, I had to watch it. Two hours of home movies were shown along with some commentary about the upbringing of the family dynasty and the tragedies they faced along the way.

I don't know why, but I've always been fascinated with the Kennedy family stories so I am so glad I had the chance to learn some more about them while watching the show.

When thinking of good people to quote, there is no doubt that JFK will always pull through with some words of wisdom. I got to catch a bit of his great speeches during the clips shown on TV, but I wanted to look up some of his other great quotes as a source of inspiration. I surely wasn't disappointed, and found one in particular that I wanted to share with you today...

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. -John F. Kennedy
 Ah, so true. Words of appreciation can certainly do a lot and are so vital to sharing and showing our gratitude, but we also must learn to really embody those words. It's great to say thank you, but it's even greater to show how thankful we are. If we can learn to live and act with gratitude for all of the great things in life, our appreciation for those things will really blossom.

I'm going to start working on that, and I hope you will too. Be sure to not only say thank you (and mean it!) but to also live your life by those words.


Keep Smiling,

2 comments:

  1. Great blog great advise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with this. Our body language shows how thankful - and not thankful - we are. Taking appropriate ACTIONS to show our thankfulness means so much more than just uttering a few words. We do not even have to do much to show our appreciation for it to mean so much to another person.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!