Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day and Happy Easter!

Image: Google

Hello Optimists,

It couldn't have been better timing that Earth Day and Easter fall on the same weekend. Aside from the religious aspect of Easter, the holiday always reminds me of the springtime - flowers blooming, trees awakening, bunnies hopping, sun shining...all of the things I love. What luck that all of these great reminders of springtime can come into mind during the time we're honoring Earth Day!

I will be traveling to Baltimore for the weekend to celebrate the Easter holiday with my family and I'm also quite excited to head South because I know the temperature will be a bit warmer outside and all of the plants will be blooming with beauty -  even more than they are here in Philadelphia.

Being mindful of the earth and our effect on it is something that is very important to me, so I'm quite excited that we have a special day dedicated to honoring its beauty. No matter if we live in a desert climate or on an ice cap (oh, that gives me goosebumps just thinking of it!), we are all living on the same planet, so we all have equal responsibility to ensure that we do all that we can in order for it to survive.

I thought today's featured quote would be just perfect to honor Earth Day, and I hope you can take its meaning to heart.

The earth is what we all have in common. 
- Wendell Berry Author
Here are a few awesome images of the great planet we live on...just in case you needed a little boost to inspire your celebrations of Earth Day.






Keep Smiling,








All Images found on Google.

3 comments:

  1. Have a great visit with your family and a beautiful weekend!


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely Easter weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Happy belated Easter and Earth day!

    I was just poking around the internet and ran into Josh Lipovetsky -- a self proclaimed Optimist and I thought you might like to know of him!

    Here is his blog: http://www.optimisticwellness.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!