Saturday, April 2, 2011

Positive Thinkers Can't Go Wrong...Can They?

Image: Google

Hello Optimists,

So I read an article recently called, "Where Positive Thinkers Go Wrong", and I thought I would share a bit of it with you today. I know, I know, you're probably thinking that this is the last thing an OO should be reading! But I must admit that the article wasn't all negative, and in fact, offered up some advice that was well within the lines of our optimistic thinking. 

I would encourage you to read the article, which basically says that positive thinking alone is not enough. Sure, we can have all of the happy thoughts we want, but until we put them to action we really can't expect too much from them. To some extent, I agree, but I also believe (actually, I know) that positive thinking is the root for all other positive action. We've got to start somewhere, and optimistic thoughts are the sparks that we need to light the fire of good intentions and ultimately, good actions. So, positive thinkers don't really go wrong, but we can't rely on those thoughts alone to carry out our best life. We've got to be sure to carry out those thoughts.

Here's a little piece of the article that I found to be incredibly inspiring...
Your beliefs, thoughts, emotions, words and actions ALL need to be working in unison towards a single, clearly defined goal.  Together, they create an undeniable FORCE that can pull any dream from the ethers into reality. 
This is so true, and serves as a good argument for why this author thinks positive thinking might not be enough. It is so true that our beliefs, thoughts, emotions, words, and actions, when put together, create a force that is sure to make an impact. Now that's what we're looking for!

You can read the rest of this article here. Be sure to come back to this post and let me know what you think of the author's argument. Do you agree? Disagree? 

Keep Smiling,

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Vanessa. I found you by Googling "top 50 blogs on optimism." Then I went over to Deb and John's blog to read the full article, as you suggested. It's common sense what they said. Thinking without doing=nothing. Thinking+passion+proclaiming+doing=BEING, which can be powerful.

    I was an optimist as a younger person and went through some soul-crushing times during my two-decade career. I didn't realize how much I let the circumstances change my outlook until a former boss called me a cynic (!)

    Now I'm back to optimism, with a difference: I choose it, mindfully, defiantly, despite the economy, despite self-doubt, despite setbacks. It's a matter of survival.

    It's serendipitous that we met up here, because my thoughts today were on this very subject.
    http://scrollwork.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-take-rose-colored-spectacles-please.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to carry through your thoughts, actions speak louder than words, is the phrase that comes readily to mind.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!