Monday, August 1, 2011

2 Signs of Positivity

Image: Google




Hello Optimists,

I've had a lot on my mind lately. And not that I've been un-optimistic (certainly not!) but I've just been a bit...uncertain about things.

I should know by now that it is not worth it to worry, because being an Optimal Optimist means that good things will happen if you believe that to be true. Nonetheless, I know that it takes a lot of hard work to keep in the positive mindset all of the time, so to get my mind off of things for a while, I decided to take a trip to visit my sister. I figured I would spend some time with her and her husband, have some fun and get my mind to stop thinking...for just a second at least.

I had just entered the city limits and was still on the highway when the first *positive* sign appeared. I was driving along the highway and noticed a rather cluttered mess of billboards on my right side. I remember thinking that it would probably not be the best spot for an ad, because who has time to look at all of those at once, especially while driving? But, as luck would have it, my eyes focused in on one in particular. It was for a local radio station, and displayed on the top of the billboard was "Positive Hits" followed by "Shine 95.1 FM" on bottom. Hmm, I thought. That's funny.

With that good start for the trip, I knew I was going to have a good time. And we did have a lot of fun - swimming, cooking dinner, talking, watching movies - but I still had a lot weighing on my mind. On Sunday morning, we took her dog for a little stroll around the neighborhood and it was early enough that a lot of the neighbors had yet to bring in their newspaper from the sidewalk. After stepping over a few, I came upon one, folded neatly in half and protected with a clear bag near the tree lawn of a lovely little brick house. I glanced down at it and caught just a few words of a headline that was showing. "Better Days Ahead" was all I could see, but I didn't need to unfold the paper to read the rest. That was good enough for me. I knew exactly what it was about. As we continued on the walk and I came across more papers along the sidewalk, they were all laying on the same side, displaying the same words of optimism that I had encountered a few houses back. What a happy surprise.

We can never really forget about being optimistic or keeping positive thoughts, even when things seem to be everything but positive. I found a great quote that I that would be great to feature for today and I wanted to share it with you....
Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.  ~Jacques Pr√©vert
 Good advice, right? I certainly learned this lesson with all of the positive signs that find their way into my life. It's important to never forget about living a happy life even when things seem a bit too chaotic or confusing. Even if you think that happiness has been taken out of your life, don't forget about it. It's still around, and you need to believe that in order for it to be a constant part of each day.

These two signs of positivity certainly helped me out this weekend, and I hope that many more pop up and keep pointing me in the right direction.

What has your latest sign of positivity been? I'd love to hear about them!

Keep Smiling,

4 comments:

  1. Dear OO Glad to read that you are back and so happy that you shared your two signs of Positivity! It takes more energy to keep yourself upbeat and positive but the rewards are well worth the effort! Glad you took a road trip for a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa, I sent you an email (from Bliss Habits) but I'm not sure if you got it... you should stop by my blog as I featured you!! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous: Thanks for the comment :) You're right, it does take some energy to be an optimist, but it's worth it!

    @Kathy: I checked my inbox and your email must have been lost in cyberspace! Didn't see it in my email....BUT THANK YOU for featuring my guest post! Much appreciated :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vanessa:
    Always like stopping by and reading what you have to say. You have a knack for putting everything into perspective. It's the eternal optimist that can find the positive in the negative. I have friend in fact, she's my BEST friend and she has that knack. It seems for as long as I've been reading your blog that you possess it as well.

    My latest sign of positivity?
    --Every morning I meet my friends before work for coffee is a blessing
    --Spending time with my BEST friend leaves me feeling blissful as well

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!