Monday, October 24, 2011

10 Easy Ways to Find Happiness Right This Instant

Image: Google

Hello Optimists,

I'm always looking for little "happiness boosters" in my everyday life. This is one time I don't mind being the guinea pig. So, after some hard work and strenuous testing, I have come up with a few of my favorites that I wanted to share with you today.

All of the things on this list are easy to do...in fact, each one takes just a few minutes to complete, but from my personal experience, the feelings of happiness they produce last all throughout the day!

Finding happiness isn't as hard as we make it out to be, and after trying a few things out, I'm sure that you'll find that we can really be happy if we just take a moment to enjoy some of the most simple things in life. After all, happiness is a choice, and we can choose it anytime we want, just as today's featured quote says....

If you want to be happy, be. -Leo Tolstoy

So go ahead, just be happy.

Everyone will of course have their own list of ways to find happiness, but I wanted to share with you some of my suggestions. Here are 10 Easy Ways to Find Happiness Right This Instant:


  1. Open iTunes, turn up the volume, and dance to your favorite song.
  2. Go outside and breathe in some fresh air. 
  3. Eat a piece of chocolate. Does the trick every time. 
  4. Look through old pictures of friends and family. 
  5. Call that friend that you've been thinking about lately.
  6. Tidy up - a clean living space always lifts my mood.
  7. Tell someone in your family how much you love them. 
  8. Put on your favorite pair of shoes, even if you've got nowhere special to go.
  9. Go for an impromptu stroll around the neighborhood.
  10. Lookup places to volunteer around town. And then, sign up!

Here's hoping you put some of these into action today and that you start to build up your own list of ways to find happiness in your life.

Do you have a list of ways you find happiness? I'd love to hear what's on it!

I think I'll get my start today with #3...    :D


Keep Smiling,

2 comments:

  1. I agree! And didn't I just know you would begin with Number 3! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Becky: Good to see you here on OO again! :) You know me (and my love for chocolate) too well!

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!