Saturday, October 29, 2011

How To Conquer Fear and Be a Leader

Image: Google

Hello Optimists,

I came across a great article today about conquering our fears. While at first I thought the article may have been written in the spirit of Halloween, I soon found out that it was about much more than conquering our fear of spiders, ghosts, or that creepy zombie hiding behind the door.

In contrast, this article was about how to conquer fear in life and how become a great leader. After reading through just a few sentences, I was hooked, and I wanted to share my great find with you today.

Here is one of my favorite quotes from the article, spoken straight from the source and interviewee:

"To live passionately, you need to set your unwavering intent on making your dreams come true. Where people lose steam is when they start to question themselves. Of course you want to be flexible in life, but you can't doubt your goals and dreams. You must stand in certainty that it's going to get done, then reverse engineer it. People squander so much mental, physical and emotional energy on doubt and fear. You've been given the blessing to be alive. What are you going to do with it?" -Katia Verresen

 Amen to that!

Such powerful and inspiring words. So what are we going to do with this blessing to be alive? I'm sure not everyone has it all planned out yet, but I think that this person certainly has a point about doubting our goals and dreams. That's how we end up doing nothing with the blessing to be alive, so we can't let fear stand in our way.

If you're interested (and how could you not be?!) you can read the full article here.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below or, share them on Facebook!

Keep Smiling,

2 comments:

  1. Remembering my passions helps me stay positive in life. Hopefully others will believe in me as well. Thank you for this post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I've been trying hard to overcome my fear of 'stable income' to pursue my passions and dreams. My job is ending the end of Nov. and I have an opportunity to work for a great company doing more than I have before. I know I can do it, but of course with the normal fear of the unknown and being an independent contractor to start. New, exciting and still scary. ;-)

    Thank you for the kind words and support on my post. Take care!
    ~ Coreen XO

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts! I Appreciate Your Comments and Can't Wait to Hear from You!