|Image: MLB Daily Dish|
I stumbled upon this lovely post a few days ago and I just had to share it with you today. Each one of these 45 things hit the mark in terms of words of wisdom and great advice, so there's not much left for me to say after this one.
Read through it all. You will be happy you did. Then leave me a comment with your favorite life lesson from the list.
Written by Regina Brett
To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught
me. It is the most requested column I've ever written.
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.. Change the way you think.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and
Family will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month...
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. Release your children when they become adults, its their life now
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay cheque.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their
Journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye.
16. Take a deep breath It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one
Is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no
For an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie.
Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Just because you believe you are right, doesn't mean you are. Keep
An open mind.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24.. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26.. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years,
Will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. Your job is to love your children, not choose who they should love.
35. Don't audit life Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's,
We'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42 The best is yet to come...
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."